Court documents: Opioids found in several locations in Prince's home
- Author: Lila Blake Apr 18, 2017,
Apr 18, 2017, 1:11
Weeks later, the Midwest Medical Examiner's Office in Minnesota said after an autopsy that he died from an accidental fentanyl overdose, which he "self-administered". The Minneapolis Star Tribune last August quoted a source with knowledge of the investigation as saying that pills seized by investigators at Prince's home were labeled as hydrocodone but actually contained fentanyl.
They do not reveal answers, but do shed light on Prince's struggle with addiction in the days before he died.
Investigators searched Prince's Paisley Park residence and recording studio, scoured an Apple laptop computer in his bedroom, and examined email accounts and phone records.
The pills were stored not in typical prescription bottles but in "various other containers such as vitamin bottles", a document states.
Schulenberg is the same doctor who was at Paisley Park on April 21 (the day of Prince's death) when deputies arrived on scene and the same doctor who admitted to authorities, he prescribed Oxycodone for Prince on April 14, the day before he overdosed while returning from a show in Atlanta, forcing his plane into an emergency landing.
Some of our favourite beloved famous faces who have passed away in 2016.
He says authorities could charge Dr. Michael Todd Schulenberg and Prince's friend, Kirk Johnson, with a low-level felony that wouldn't result in prison time. The search warrant that was briefly public notes that first responders started CPR on Prince before determining he was dead.
Prince, whose full name was Prince Rogers Nelson, died April 21, 2016 at the age of 57.
April 17, 2017: Carver County authorities unseal 11 search warrant affidavits related to the investigation into Prince's death. Almost a year after Prince died from an accidental d. Some were in a suitcase labeled with a Prince alias, Peter Bravestrong, along with a page of handwritten lyrics to the 1987 hit "U Got the Look".
Investigators also said they took a backpack belonging to Andrew Kornfeld that contained prescription medications, contained in plastic bags and envelopes, that he didn't have a license to distribute.
Prince's protégée Judith Hill also confirmed to police she spoke to Prince via land line or email, exclusively.
Schulenberg did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.
The day before Prince died, Paisley Park staffers contacted California addiction specialist Dr. Howard Kornfeld for help.
"Andrew said he heard a scream and ran down the hall and observed Prince lying on his left side in the elevator", states one of the newly unsealed court records, which said that Prince lived at Paisley Park alone and without a security guard.
"The last thing law enforcement wants to do is to potentially have to immunize somebody who could be the only target of the investigation", former federal prosecutor Jeff Cramer said.